Thursday, 26 January 2012

A milestone is reached



At some time in the last few hours this blog received it's 10,000th page view since my first post on 1st April 2011.  That's 1,111 views a month on average!  Wow.

I want to take a moment to say a massive thank you to everyone who has read, commented on or shared what I have written.  I am truly humbled by your interest in and (in most cases!) support for what I have to say.

For many years I wanted to have more of a public mouthpiece for my thoughts, opinions and musings on volunteering.  For a variety of reasons this wasn't possible until I struck out on my own last year.  Since then I have written 33 articles here as well as a monthly blog for Third Sector online and a variety of other magazines, websites etc..

Why do I do it?

For a full answer to that read my post on why I write and why you should too.  For now, the author Isaac Asimov once said that "writing is thinking with your fingers".  I love that and totally agree.  For me, writing is a great way to think through issues, to order my thoughts and to present them to the world.  Sometimes people agree, sometimes they don't.  The point is that opinions are shared and issues discussed.  If my small contribution via this blog consequently helps to advance our thinking about volunteering and ultimately affect our practice in a positive way then I'll be content.

So thank you again for reading my blog.  If you haven't yet joined the debate and commented on anything I've written then please do so.  It's dead easy but if you have any problems then drop me a line and I can post your comments for you.



For those of you interested in statistics, here is a bit more information about the 10,000 page views.







4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Rob --

    Don't you find it interesting that we Yanks, the Russians and the French share your blog in common? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fascinating to see where the people reading the blog come from. Makes you realise who technology has truly shrunk our world.

      Delete
  2. Well done Rob! Looking forward to many many more posts from you!!!

    ReplyDelete